Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Discipline Presentation

I really enjoyed this presentation. It was interesting to learn about the different disciplinary styles that can be found in my classroom. There was certainly a good activity when each group was given a disciplinary situation to deal with. I was in the group that was generally less authoritarian, and it was interesting to me when the class disagreed with the preferred method of dealing with the situation (gambling in school).
The resources that we were provided with were also fascinating artifacts. I definitely learned a lot about the ways that disciplinary issues have been treated in the past. I feel that discipline in the classroom is a very personal issue, to a certain degree. In one regard, the school has its own policies that come down from the top, but with a lot of small classroom issues, I feel it's best to let the disciplinary technique match the general tone of the classroom. This should be very deliberately thought out.

No comments:

Post a Comment